– Lucas and Raspberry went to the later gymnastics class this morning, since the one she was originally signed up for only had one person (her). I spent my time alone researching separation barriers, in anticipation of a new project.
– I was going to take Raspberry out to the library and to stomp in snow but she didn’t want to. Perhaps having only nine-and-a-half hours sleep combined with an active morning of gymnastics made her tired. Instead, she painted in the tub again.
– I managed to get through a few magazines: Time (the Person of the Year/Protester issue); the New York Times Magazine and Harper’s Magazine. Raspberry was interested when Lucas was reading about the people who passed away in 2011. I don’t think she exactly understands what death is but she’s aware that certain living creatures die.
– A cherry danish from the market split three ways, with glasses of milk.
– I chipped my toenail when Raspberry came running at me full-tilt and knocked me right over. I’d been putting paper away and was bent over while on one foot when she came charging at me, as she often does. I fell to the ground, tripping on what I think was her set up dinner party. I crumpled into a ball crying and clutching my foot. I didn’t realize what had happened to my toe until Lucas mentioned it. He’s been called me Limpy since it’s a little difficult for me to walk. We couldn’t find the chipped nail and we’re not really sure what I’d tripped on.
– My kid talks and talks and talks endlessly. I think the only time she’s quiet is when she’s asleep.Advertisements